• Assist faculty in preparing and assembling training grant proposals in compliance with sponsor, University, and federal guidelines and deadlines. Includes new applications, competitive renewals and annual non-competitive renewals.
• Assist PI in determining requirements, deadlines and time management for responses to PAs/RFAs or other grant application submissions in a proactive manner. Coordinate multiple applications under absolute deadlines.
• Work in a collaborative manner with the PI and the Office of Research, throughout the application process to achieve a professional document for submission.
• Prepare and analyze all required data tables for training grant applications.
• Provide grant text on RCR, diversity recruiting, appendix items and other needed supporting materials for the PI to edit/review.
• Collect and format all other required materials from participating faculty and trainees - i.e. bio-sketches/CVs, other research support, and training records.
• Work in conjunction with the PI and financial manager on applications to prepare initial and extended budgets, including indirect cost calculation.
• Review budget details with PI, including: personnel, effort allocation and overall expenses, ensuring consistency with University and federal guidelines.
• Upon pending awards, prepare and submit 1275 budgets and center requests to AO/financial manager and the DOF.
• For a non-competitive renewal, obtain student-specific material for the progress report and incorporate same into the narrative. Prepare a full draft of the non-competitive renewal for review and corrections by the program Director.
• Assemble final application in COEUS for submission to grants.gov.
• Responsible for obtaining appropriate signatures for Conflict of Interest Forms and Transmittal Forms from PI, Key Personnel and other departments concerned and forward to AO/financial manager for review and department signature.
• Responsible for tracking and receiving back confirmation of submitted application from the Office of Sponsored Programs and Grants.gov.
• Act as a liaison for PI/OSP with the Program Official and Grants Management Specialists at NIH to ensure all NIH requests for materials have been fulfilled. Includes materials that may be required for JIT, administrative supplements, change of PI requests, and re-budget of funds requests.
• Facilitate the development, coordination and implementation of contracts with outside institutions as required for specific training grant programs.
• Complete the necessary IRB/IACUC umbrella reviews for each training program.
• Work with the education technology team to develop and maintain the BRET Training Grant Database.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
Bachelor's and 3 years of experience or the equivalent required
Pre-award grant knowledge required
COEUS familiarity preferred
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Light Hall
Organization Biomed Grad Studies 104144