Managing Director, Operations
Key member of the investment office responsible for oversight of all administration-related functions including: accounting, valuations, performance measurement, reporting, documentation, operational due diligence, and compliance. Individual will report directly to the Vice Chancellor for Investments.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- As needed, supervise, train and recruit personnel responsible for performing administration functions.
- Work with all related departments of the university to develop, assess, and refine financial reporting requirements.
- Manage custodial and fund administration relationships.
- Oversee reporting and reconciliation of portfolio valuations, performance, and accounting for all investments of the endowment fund.
- Ensure capital calls, wire transfers, and investment manager funding/redemptions are executed in an error-free and timely manner.
- Oversee and monitor the administration of all derivative positions.
- Ensure all university tax requirements are met appropriately.
- Liaise with all outside sources to facilitate custodial needs, necessary surveys, and separately-managed accounts.
- Coordinate content for the quarterly Investment Committee reports.
- Perform compliance-related duties including endowment and manager guideline monitoring, coordination of legal documents, and trade verification/settlements.. Research, recommend, and implement new policies and processes in accordance with best practices in industry.
- Data Integrity
- Ensure the quality and integrity of data for both internal and external parties is standardized and consistent.
- Participate in the enhancement of the proprietary manager database. The system is used to source, monitor, update, and cross-reference pertinent information regarding existing and prospective investment managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job requires Masters and 10 years of experience or the equivalent.
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Loews Vanderbilt Plaza
Organization Office of Investments 140420