Full-time Faculty - Medical Assisting - Tenure Track
Develop and teach a wide variety of courses in medical assisting, specializing in Phlebotomy and clinical skills. This position functions as the program coordinator for the medical assisting program and is responsible for program effectiveness, including outcomes, organization, administration, review, planning, and development. Other duties include CAAHEP and regional accreditation reporting, advising and the support of students, and coordination with medical community. This position reports to the dean of allied health.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Current Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant
- Ability to demonstrate a minimum of three years work experience in healthcare and 40 hours performing or observing MA duties in an ambulatory care setting
- Familiarity with managed care, capitation, and various insurance billing methods
- Recent teaching experience in post-secondary and/or vocational/technical education using a variety of methods, including traditional classroom, individualized lab instruction, and collaborative group activities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to function as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with students, staff and community from diverse backgrounds, including those whose native language is not English, and a commitment to a culturally diverse work environment.
- Experience in writing program curriculum
- Evidence of recent professional development activity
REQUIRED: You must apply for this job through the college's online application process at http://www.lwtech.edu
LWTech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer