Director of Compliance
Student centric. Fast-paced. Collaborative. Innovative. These are all words our employees use to describe the Bellevue University work experience. Our reputation as a growing, progressive University requires us to recruit and retain only the most dynamic and qualified individuals in their fields. We aspire to be nationally recognized as the respected and trusted source of learning needed to thrive and succeed in the face of a rapidly changing world. We offer learning experiences that have the ability to create positive change for individuals, for strategic partners and for our nation. To accomplish our strategic plan, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and understanding that promotes open communication, personal and professional development, long-term employees and long-term success. We are committed to fostering a workplace that is not only challenging, but also rich with opportunity and reward.
Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our Vice President Administration Team is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our Director of Compliance Position.
Primary Function: The Director of Compliance provides management and guidance to develop and support the university's compliance program and to promote a culture of compliance and ethical behavior. Reporting administratively to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Director of Compliance staffs the Compliance Committee, whose members are directly responsible for compliance with governmental laws and regulations in over 20 different areas. The primary responsibility of the Director, in conjunction with the Compliance Committee, is to help assure senior management that: 1) all necessary compliance activities have been identified and appropriately assigned; 2) necessary policies and procedures are in place; 3) training is available and supports appropriate levels of awareness and expertise; 4) compliance responsibilities are monitored and actions are taken to strengthen compliance and mitigate risk where needed; and 5) a culture of compliance and ethical behavior is fostered and supported. In addition, the Director is responsible for the review of contracts and other legal documents to assure legal risks are identified and minimized. The Director will oversee two administrative positions and partner with the Quality Assurance Director on accreditation issues.
• Juris Doctorate required. Licensed to practice law in Nebraska preferred.
• Three (3) years of experience with regulatory requirements, higher education preferred.
• Excellent written, verbal interpersonal communication skills, required.
• Knowledgeable about best practices and trends in university compliance structures and activities.
• Experience advancing ideas from plan to results with processes that ensure input and feedback from campus constituents using superb listening and influencing skills.
• Able to cultivate trust and credibility and effective relationships across the university.
• Able to ensure all deliverables are met on time with excellent results.
• Flexibility and the ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and/or in a team environment.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and MS Project).
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu.