IEP Coordinator/Adjunct Faculty
IEP Coordinator/Adjunct Faculty
University of San Francisco
Arts & Sciences
The Coordinator of Intensive English Program (IEP) has primary responsibility through the year for the operation of the IEP, overseeing promotion and marketing, recruiting, admissions, and enrollment, and during the summer, managing the day to day concerns of the IEP and Special ESL groups in the summer. Each summer 50-60 students enroll in the IEP at USF. The secondary responsibility of the Coordinator of the IEP is to teach a 4 or 8 credit ESL course in the Fall and Spring semesters.
This position reports to the ESL Director in the Department of Rhetoric and Languages. This is a part-time (approximately 20-25 hours per week) 12-month appointment including administrative and teaching responsibilities in Fall and Spring, and administrative tasks throughout the summer.
IEP Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Oversees, promotes, and builds the summer IEP (one six-week session and one four-week contiguous session).
• Creates and revises promotional materials for internal and external IEP students in collaboration with university offices, and partner organizations (i.e. Study USA, NAFSA);
• Develops the IEP summer schedule in conjunction with the ESL Director, and projecting the required number of sections for regular and special programs.
• assists the AEM Director in developing, implementing, and promoting other special English programs, internally in support of other USF programs, and for client universities and organizations, including the determination of the estimated cost of attendance (tuition, living expenses, transportation and personal, books and insurance), in consultation with ISSS.
• manages all communication, admissions processing, and orientation of new IEP students;
• distributes IEP summer program materials (class schedules, memos, book lists, event calendars, workshop fliers, class grade sheets, individual grade reports IEP program evaluations, student testimonials, and IEP student ‘plans’ questionnaire)
• advises prospective and enrolled IEP students on immigration regulations, housing options, and cultural concerns.
AEM Teaching Responsibilities:
Follow all the regulations of the university in regard to Adjunct teaching.
Teach 8 credits in the AEM program in Fall, and 4 credits in the Spring.
• Master’s degree in TESOL or closely related field.
• Administrative experience (and/or training) with direct experience in recruitment, marketing, publicity, and program administration. (Language program administration preferred)
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Superior written and speaking skills in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills for face-to-face individual and group communication and leadership
• Experience teaching matriculated and pre-matriculated ESL students.
• Advanced experience with computer data base systems, word processing and spreadsheet software.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.