Financial Aid Advisor
Location: Chicago, IL
Office Building/Campus: Chicago- 350 Orleans
Home Department: Financial Aid
Position Type: Staff Position
Employment duration: Full time
TCS Education System is currently seeking a Financial Aid Advisor to join the Financial Aid department.
The Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for advising and assisting students in our online-blended programs with all aspects of financing their education, including establishing financial aid eligibility, clarifying policies, and providing accurate information on all financing options.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the primary contact for students with financial aid related questions by counseling incoming and current students on financial aid resources.
- Collecting and tracking financial documents in student information system to verify financial aid eligibility.
- Packaging, processing, and mailing financial aid award letters for new and continuing students.
- Presenting financial aid information via webinar for student information sessions and Open House Days.
- Attending Financial Aid workshops in order to up-to-date on the current financial aid topics.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Assistant and/or Director of Financial Aid.
- Strong communication, customer service, and presentation skills, including a proven ability to interact and empathize successfully with different demographic populations.
- Detail orientation and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on a team and independently without close supervision.
- Technical skills to present live webinars.
- Willingness, flexibility, and desire to learn quickly.
- Knowledge of Title IV and other financial aid regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One to two years of experience in a financial aid role.
- Experience with Campus View preferred.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System:
TCS Education System was founded in 2009 as a nonprofit organization with a mission of preparing innovative, engaged, purposeful agents of change who serve our global community.
TCS Education System features a network of specialized institutions, which are backed by a model of education that prepares socially responsible, culturally competent professionals in applied fields such as psychology, law, health care, and education. TCS Education System partners—The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Pacific Oaks College & Children’s School, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University—each offer scholarship, training, and service opportunities directed to a specific career path while providing a transformative educational experience. For more information, visit www.tcsedsystem.edu