Location: Los Angeles, CA
Office Building/Campus: Los Angeles- Downtown
Home Department: Admission
Position Type: Staff Position
Employment duration: Full time
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Chicago School is currently seeking an Admissions Counselor to join our Downtown Los Angeles campus. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude complement a dynamic, collegial team.
- Acts as the Office of Admissions liaison for one or more academic programs
- Establishes and maintains contact with prospective students throughout the admissions cycle in a timely and professional manner
- Represents The Chicago School at college fairs, class visits, and conferences on a national level
- Conducts counseling sessions with prospective students and their families to introduce them to the school and their program of interest. Provides more in-depth counseling for undecided students
- Conducts campus tours on an as-needed basis
- Coordinates on-campus Admissions events
- Produces weekly applicant and inquiry reports
- Reviews and evaluates admission applications
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years of admissions experience
- Valid California driver’s license and personal car
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills (writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills)
- Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the mission of The Chicago School to prospective students
- Ability to self-initiate and execute with minimal supervision
- Leadership, organizational, time management and planning capabilities
- Computer skills including word processing, database management and power point
- Ability to represent The Chicago School in a professional manner
- Ability to recruit and work within a diverse community and at a post-baccalaureate level
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.