University of Redlands
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE NON-EXEMPT POSITION OPENING (Revised)
POSITION: Equipment Coordinator
POSITION CODE: A6789
APPOINTMENT: Administrative Non-Exempt, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: $20.43-$21.64 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2014
POSTING DATE: June 10, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the oversight, inventory, maintenance, purchase of all uniforms and protective equipment associated with the 21 programs in the University of Redlands Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. The Equipment Coordinator also has ongoing responsibility for the care and maintenance associated with all venues utilized by intercollegiate athletics.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manages departmental and programmatic resources for all uniforms, practice apparel and equipment utilized by 21 intercollegiate athletic programs; Inventories, distributes, collects and maintains records for all equipment.
• Assists all head coaches with preparation of uniform and equipment budget for submission to Director of Athletics.
• Deals directly with uniform vendors, equipment manufacturers and sales people to evaluate and purchase uniforms and all protective equipment utilized by Bulldog Athletic programs.
• Supervises the daily laundering of all Bulldog athletic game uniforms and practice apparel.
• Oversees all team locker room use including the issuance of lockers as well as provides oversight for general maintenance and cleaning of locker room areas.
• Assists the Head Athletic Trainer with the proper fitting of all football helmets, shoulder pads and additional protective gear.
• Deals with multiple vendors and repair companies to ensure ongoing working condition and repair of laundry equipment clocks, bleachers, scoreboards in all venues, headsets, PA systems, etc.
• Responsible for transportation of protective equipment and game equipment (AV, headsets, athletic training equipment and football protective equipment, etc.) to and from site of contests
• Maintains compliance with all NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations at all times.
• Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Sports Management or related field preferred. AEMA Certification and five years of relevant experience required. Work experience with a variety of sports preferred. Preference will be granted to candidates with a minimum of two years of equipment manager experience at the collegiate level. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER