HVAC Mechanic I
HVAC Mechanic I-14000216
Tufts University's Facilities department provides professional, high quality and cost effective services to the faculty, staff and students of the University. This commitment includes planning, building, maintaining and operating the department to maximize long-term value. Each Facilities employee is expected to meet the needs of our customers and to strive to exceed their expectations.
Position requires extensive experience and knowledge in the maintenance, installation and cleaning of various types of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Monday through Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
- 10+ years of experience and extensive knowledge in the maintenance, installations and cleaning of various types of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems
- Candidate must have current, valid Massachusetts Driver's license.
- Must possess a current, valid Massachusetts Journeyman's Refrigeration license
- Certification in EPA/DEP and Universal CFC reclamation is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Trade or vocational school is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to read blueprints and HVAC diagrams, repair and program JCI controls and demonstrate ability to use our Maximo Maintenance System.
- Must work with minimal supervision.
- Must be mature, adaptable, and have the ability to work pleasantly and tactfully with his/her fellow employees, faculty, students and staff.
Basic Requirements: High School Diploma with 10+ years of related experience. Current and valid Massachusetts driver's license; Massachusetts Journeyman's Refrigeration license, EPA/DEP and Universal CFC Reclamation Certifications. Johnson Controls and Maximo Software and basic computer skills. Must be able to lift 80 lbs. with or without accommodation.
Preferred Qualifications: Should be able to work with minimal supervision and be willing to learn the Maximo work order system and to use it on a daily basis. Journeyman Sheet Metal License preferred. Candidate should have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills in order to work pleasantly and tactfully with a diverse community; including fellow employees, faculty, students and staff.
Please apply with Requisition #1400216
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Facilities Services - Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: May 19, 2014, 10:42:41 AM