Marketing Specialist III
University of North Texas
Marketing Specialist III
A student-focused public research university, the University of North Texas is the nation's 26th largest public university and the largest, most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. It is dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to its 36,000 students while powering the North Texas region through innovative education and research. UNT's ultimate mission is to give a green light to greatness by helping its students, region, state and nation excel.
The Department of Printing and Distribution Solutions is a component of UNT's Division of University Relations, Communications and Marketing and is nationally ranked among the top in-plant operations at colleges and universities. PDS comprises UNT's central printing plant, Mail Services, and Eagle Images digital print centers. Printing and Distribution Solutions is a full service provider of graphic design, estimates and bids, quality conventional and digital printing, and promotional and advertising specialty products.
PDS employs the latest technologies that provides university and state-agency customers a wide variety of conventional printed, print-on-demand, personalized mailings and branded promotional products.
PDS embraces servant leadership and promotes a creative and cohesive team strategy to promote the department's commitment to outstanding customer service and work product excellence. Quality and excellence have been a significant factor in the department's relations with the university community as well as other state agencies and universities within our region of the state. PDS has garnered some of the top awards at the national IN-PRINT competition for over 10 years, including 3 Best- In- Show awards, and was recently awarded a Green Service award from the Association of College and University Printers for our sustainability efforts.
This position is senior level professional work using integrated marketing communications and brand awareness initiatives.
* developing, implementing and enhancing comprehensive marketing strategies for the UNT Printing and Distribution Solutions operations.
* Position will create and develop departmental marketing plans designed to increase efficiencies and economies in the purchase of the UNT system family of branded promotional items as well as promotional items for outside non-profits and schools within the region.
* Work involves the collection of sales and contact information for existing and potential customers and making direct contact as needed.
* Provides marketing research, writing of marketing and sales plans and the creation of customer and staff training materials relating to marketing through promotional items .
* Position will be the direct administrator of the distributorship software program for locating and purchasing of promotional products from outside manufacturers including the PDS website and storefront and will direct and assist other staff in the ordering process.
* Employee will represent PDS at tradeshows of manufacturers to locate appropriate vendors for promotional items. Employee will perform any other work for department as deemed necessary by supervisors.
UNT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (including provisions for training, development, transfer and promotion) for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran's status.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of experience in communications, marketing, advertising, or public relations; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Thorough understanding of market segmentation, principles of marketing, integrated marketing communications principles and branding
* Ability to think creatively and identify new integrated marketing opportunities
* Ability to understand and effectively translate market research and other data
* Extensive knowledge of Associated Press style
* Ability to visually inspect copy material
* Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others
* Proficiency in MS Office and requisite publishing and graphic design software
* Valid Texas Driver's License or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
In-depth knowledge of marketing and sales practices and principles necessary to create sales presentations and implement programs. Critical thinking and time management skills to resolve vendor issues with promotional products manufacturers to insure customer satisfaction. Proven track record of successful marketing campaigns and background in promotional products sales.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter, a list of three professional references and a marketing proposal they have created or used successfully with their online application.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.unt.edu
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.