Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Corporate and Foundation Relations Director or designee, the Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager coordinates the activities of cross-institutional “interest groups” particularly as relevant to corporate support, to maintain continuity, communicate current and future foundation and corporate funding opportunities, develop timelines for proposal preparation and submission and provide for research, writing and editing support as needed to each group.
UMass Medical School is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. We encourage applications from protected veterans, individuals with disabilities and those with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to consider UMass Medical School as their employer of choice.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
- Support sponsorship and cause related marketing activities including identifying sponsors, organizing and implementing committee outreach and assisting with sponsor outreach to assist the unit in meeting any sponsorship goals
- Maintain and seek funding for a portfolio of independent projects that serve to build capacity for existing efforts with an emphasis on those projects that provide a benefit to students and our community
- Assist with program development as needed to ensure that issues of implementation, sustainability, and financial impact have been addressed
- Provide proposal and letter writing, editing, organizational, and budget creation services as needed
- Ensure that all letters of intent and proposals are prepared, reviewed, and submitted by deadline
- Participate in the production of the external outreach and communications activities including copywriting and scheduling visits on and off-campus with foundation officers and faculty, administration or development staff as appropriate
- Perform other duties as required
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of progressively responsible fund-raising experience preferably in government, corporate or foundation areas within higher education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Demonstrated organizational ability, task orientation and timeliness
- Proven ability to create and nurture productive working partnerships internally and externally preferred
- Proven ability to work as a member of a high functioning, results oriented team
- PHD in Biomedical science, Master's Degree in Biomedical science
- Experience writing proposals to private funders