Faculty Part-time - English (First-Year Writing Program)
General Summary of Position: The First-Year Writing Program in the Department of English is seeking applications from individuals interested in teaching courses on a part-time basis. The First-Year Writing Program serves all incoming students in the University and offers over 100 sections each semester in the College Writing sequence, a General Education requirement for all undergraduate students. College Writing courses have a maximum enrollment cap of 19 students.
Current teaching needs include the following:
- College Writing I and II (includes expository writing and the research writing process)
- Intensive Writing Lab (includes grammar review and focus on process)
- Master's degree
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Please indicate experience in any of the following: reading instruction, tutoring, or ESL
Special Instructions: **This will continue to be an ongoing posting to develop a pool of applicants for openings as they arise.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Salary: Commensurate with experience