Research Assistant III
Perform under minimal supervision a wide variety of complex tasks requiring practical understanding of scientific techniques and advanced knowledge of scientific theory.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Under minimal supervision, plan, conduct and evaluate experiments and assays of varying complexity.
- Plan and coordinate experiments in conjunction with Principal Investigator (PI).
- Understand and follow experimental protocols (may include animal handling, tissue culture, etc.)
- Record, compile, interpret, and communicate data/results.
- Follow University safety protocols (may include use of combustibles, radioactivity, toxic material, and/or carcinogens)
- Perform calculations involving molarity, % solutions, and serial dilutions.
- Prepare, operate and troubleshoot equipment in experimental procedures.
- Recommend equipment and supplies needed for research projects.
- Read and follow all equipment manuals.
- Maintain and repair equipment according to manufacturer and University guidelines.
- Ensure laboratory is prepared for experiments.
- Maintain inventories.
- Maintain sterile conditions as required.
- Prepare reagents.
- Assist PI in modifying procedures and techniques.
- Recognize problems and suggest solutions, assist in modifications.
- Recommend improvements to established techniques and/or protocols.
- Maintain personal knowledge of scientific trends through literature reviews, attendance at meetings, conferences and seminars.
- Provide appropriate written/oral documentation of experiments
- Prepare research progress reports.
- Analyze and summarize test results.
- Preparation and oral presentation of data as required
- Assist in the effective operation of the laboratory.
- Train other employees.
- Supervise projects and/or personnel.
Job requires Bachelor's and 4 years of experience or the equivalent.
Primary Location TN-Nashville-2146 Belcourt Avenue
Organization General Pediatrics 104595