RN Transplant Coordinator- Lung Transplant- FT Days
Facilitate and coordinate the evaluation of potential transplant candidates, recipients hospitalized for transplantation and post-operative complications and transplant recipients followed as outpatients.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- In collaboration with physicians and other health professionals, coordinates the evaluation process of potential transplant candidates.
- Facilitate the transplant conference and participate on the screening committee.
- Maintain communication with the Tennessee Donor Services and update the Transplant Recipient waiting list.
- Arrange for necessary testing, exams and interviews of transplant candidates and compile data for assessment.
- Collects and evaluates medical, psychological, social, financial data for review by transplant team.
- Maintains comprehensive documentation of transplant evaulation and updates, as needed.
- Educate patients and families about the transplant process, evaluation and waiting phases, and long-term follow-up and care;
- respond to the psycho-social needs of the transplant patient and family during all phases.
- Monitor patient progress during post-transplantation;
- assist with discharge planning in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary health care team;
- schedule patient's routine diagnostic tests and clinic follow-up at appropriate intervals.
- Ensure the most current practices of transplantation nursing are utilized.
- Participate in professional organizations which promote the practice of transplantation nursing; keep current on new technology and skills in the area of transplantation.
- Assist with research studies related to the field of transplantation; interpret results of current nursing research in the area of transplantation.
- Ensure referring physician is kept informed about all phases of the transplant process
- Communicate frequently with referring physicians regarding the patient's status in all phases of the transplant process.
Job requires Bachelor's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Job Other Nursing Services
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Oxford House
Organization Lung Transplant 201149