|Job Description Summary||
This position supports and maintains Canvas, the college’s learning management system, SUN (Skill Up Network) Online application, and related learning services and technologies.
|Duties & Responsibilities||
• Provide excellent customer service to faculty, students, and staff who utilize the college’s learning management system (Canvas).
• Provide tier 1 support to all online students as the Guide on the Side.
• Collaborate with other Instructional Designers and Faculty to develop online courses and programs.
• As a Peer Reviewer (QM Certified), this position would assist with Quality Matters internal reviews of Online Courses.
• Administer the San Juan College’s SUN (Skill Up Network) Online implementation.
• Member of the Online Advisor and Online Grassroots committees as well as other technology related committees to serve as a consultant to campus technology interest groups, grant projects and initiatives.
• Administer SmarterMeasure – Online tech readiness assessment.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of internet browsers, Microsoft Office Suite, media development software
• Knowledge of webcams, headsets, computer peripherals
• Knowledge of Instructional Design Models, as well as uploading documents, posting assignments, etc.
• Knowledge of HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language and multimedia development tools like PowerPoint, Camtasia, and Articulate
• Knowledge of campus needs for online students and faculty
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures
• Skill and Ability to produce videos (using Camtasia and Articulate)
• Skill in administration of SmarterMeasure software and related systems
• Skill in gathering course materials, creating documents, writing questions, etc.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
• Skill in oral and written communication
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
The Director/supervisor assigns work in terms of general instructions requiring the use of judgment. The Director/supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include San Juan College security policies, FERPA industry best practices, social media guidelines, and college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of maintaining varied online and cloud based learning systems, services and applications. Frequent changes to industry standards and technology updates contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to support and administer the college’s online learning and other cloud based services and applications. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of a variety of college operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, vendors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to provide guidance and assistance to co-workers and to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years experience or service.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Three letters of recommendation will be required if selected as a candidate for interview and must be provided BEFORE the scheduled date of interview.