Adjunct Faculty of Counseling in Educational Settings
Rowan University has three campuses in New Jersey. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 minutes southeast of Philadelphia. Its Camden campus is within the city's University District, just a short distance from the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University. Today, Rowan's nearly 14,000 students can select from 57 bachelor, 46 master, and four doctoral degree programs in colleges and schools across four campuses. The College of Education has over 3000 undergraduate and graduate students and was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country. The department houses graduate programs in school psychology, counseling in educational settings ( CACREP approved) , higher education and school administration. The College of Education is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
This position requires demonstrated excellence in teaching at the Graduate level as well as knowledge and skills in the supervision of field experience students. Practitioner experience in K thru 16 educational settings is preferred.
- An earned doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) from an accredited institution with a major in Counselor Education and Supervision. Individuals who hold Master's degrees in Counseling and have specialized knowledge in an area of need will be considered.
- A record of excellence in teaching in higher education and/or at the Graduate level.
- Demonstrated record of commitment in the areas of social justice, diversity and advocacy.
- Currency and fluency in current best practices in the delivery of counseling services in K thru 16 settings.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, team building and collaboration skills
- National counseling accreditation (NCCC) and/or the License in Professional Counseling (LPC).
- Doctorate obtained from a CACREP approved program.
- Expertise in the ASCA model.
Starting Date: September 2, 2014
All applications must be submitted though our online applicant tracking system.
Submit letter of application with a statement of teaching interest, curriculum vita, three letters of recommendation (at least one of which addresses teaching ability)
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.