Library Assistant - Campbell Library
Job Summary: Maintain the accuracy and completeness of government document records. This includes daily check-in and processing of materials received. Primary responsibilities also include maintenance of the physical government documents collection, recording of statistical data, and the training, evaluating and daily supervision of Government Documents student assistants.
Examples of work:
1. Maintains the accuracy and completeness of government documents records including daily check-in and processing of materials received.
2. Responsible for maintaining disposal and superseded lists according to FDLP (Federal Depository Library Program) and GPO (Government Printing Office) standards.
3. Responsible for keeping statistical data.
4. Responsible for claiming missing documents and ordering special documents and forms.
5. Responsible for training, evaluating and supervising government document student assistants.
6. Responsible for the maintenance of the government documents collection.
7. Responsible for maintaining order in the work area and assuring that the policies and procedures of the Government Documents department, the Federal & State government, the Library, and the University are followed.
8. Assists with special projects.
9. Provides excellent customer service
10. Required to learn to utilize various types of electronic systems used in the library.
11. Other duties as assigned by Documents Librarian.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.