Location: Washington, DC
Office Building/Campus: Washington, DC
Home Department: Counseling
Position Type: Faculty Position
Employment duration: Full time
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
We are searching for a faculty member to join our Counseling Program at our Washington, DC Campus in January 2014 at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. The primary instructional assignment for this position is with the Counseling master’s program. The faculty member will serve as the Coordinator and take the lead in pursuing CACREP accreditation, working closely with the Chicago and Online campuses in this effort.
- Teach 18 credit hours spread throughout the academic year, across the core curriculum and in at least one area of concentration
- Student advisement
- Service to the department, the school, and the community
- Participate in faculty development
- Engage in research, publication, and other scholarly activities
- Perform clinical work one day a week if desired
- Doctorate in Counselor Education
- Proven record of excellence in instruction
- Experience with blended and online instruction
- Licensed or license-eligible as a clinical practitioner
- Strong commitment to working as part of a faculty team
- Strong record of curriculum development
- Strong record of research and clinical work desirable
- Experience teaching at the graduate level
- Record of active involvement in professional organizations
- Commitment to issues of social justice and diversity
- Strong commitment to preparing students to become excellent practitioners
- Doctoral degree from a CACREP Accredited Program
- Licensed or license-eligible as a professional counselor
- Strong potential for or proven track record in attracting external funding
Interested applicants should submit a CV, 3 recommendation letters and a letter of interest.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.