Coordinator of Academic Support and Retention
Location: Washington, DC
Office Building/Campus: Washington, DC
Home Department: Center for Academic Excellence
Position Type: Staff Position
Employment duration: Part time
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
Our Washington DC campus is seeking a Coordinator of Academic Support and Retention. The Coordinator is responsible for directing the office of Academic Support and Retention. Responsibilities include directing the TCSPP Academic Writing Program which includes assessing writing skills, teaching professional academic writing through online and/or on ground seminars and conducting on-site as well as electronic workshops and/or tutorials. Responsibilities also include hiring and managing Federal Work Study Student Workers as peer tutors.
- Teach online and on ground Academic Writing Seminar sections for TCSPP DC Students and other TCSPP students as necessary.
- Prepare tutoring materials and appropriate learning activities, as necessary to support student learning goals.
- Score TCSPP Writing Assessment Process essays using TCSPP rubric
- Select electronic resources to supplement tutoring sessions, as needed
- Design and deliver on campus or online academic support workshops including, but not to be limited by, such topics as writing a dissertation, navigating a doctoral program or reviewing APA style.
- Design and oversee Academic Support Peer Tutoring
- Maintain and communicate records of student progress, including challenges and successes
- Participate as member of the system wide Academic Support and Retention group.
- Attend required orientation and training sessions prior to beginning essay evaluation.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regard to student names and results.
- Behave in a collegial and professional manner with all members of TCSPP community and adhere to the highest professional conduct and ethical standards of the professional of psychology
- Participate in revisions to Academic Writing Course design and syllabus
- Other duties as assigned
- A Master's Degree in English, Secondary Education, English or ESL certification or Current Graduate Student in either area.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching college-level composition
- Experience tutoring students in English composition in a one-on-one environment
- Experience with tutoring students via electronic means (computer, Skype, telephone) is preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.