Research Field Collector, Flex
Research Field Collectors, Flex positions will assist investigators in the gathering and compiling of research data. They will conduct survey interviews, collect study related data, and verify the accuracy of the data based on quality criteria defined in the study manual of operating procedures. They will participate in recruitment of study participants according to study standards and protocols. They should be dependable, reliable and able to use their own transportation to get to community sites involved in the study.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with diverse populations
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Perform a variety of routine clerical, research and data processing duties to assist investigators in the gathering and compiling of research data.
- Serve as liaison with members of the community to garner interest in research projects and identify potential participants.
- Compile and verify the accuracy of research information to determine acceptability based on quality criteria defined by control procedures; abstract, classify and code data.
- Administer individual or group standardized tests; score tests by hand or machine using predetermined scoring formulas; observe test subject and report behavior and other information that may affect test results.
- Conduct interviews following an outline on questionnaires and record answers; compile information and report to investigators.
Salary is commensurate upon years of education and experience.
Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
Vanderbilt is a smoke-free workplace in compliance with the Non-Smoker Protection Act, Tennessee Code Annotated 39-17-1801-1810. In accordance with that law and Vanderbilt policy, smoking is prohibited in all buildings on Vanderbilt property and on the grounds of the campus with the exception of designated outdoor smoking areas.
Job requires High school graduate or GED.
Primary Location TN-Nashville-2146 Belcourt Avenue
Organization General Pediatrics 104595