Budget Title: same as above
Department: Pediatric Services
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Research Foundation Professional Position
RF Line#: R1272000
Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC
Required Qualifications: PhD in Biological Sciences. Research experience in Virology or Immunology. Experience in molecular biology.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in Human herpesvirology. Proficiency in spoken and written English. At least two publications in English Scientific Journals.
Brief Description of Duties: The Postdoctoral Associate is expected to study lytic activation and viral persistence of Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) as well as EBV-mediated tumorigenesis in B cells. Duties will include:
- Designing and performing experiments using a variety of techniques including qPCR, qRT-PCR, chromatin immunoprecipitation, cloning, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence, Western blotting and FACS to address questions related to their project(s).
- Initiating and maintaining cell cultures.
- Maintaining proper lab records.
- Providing guidance and training for undergraduate and graduate student researchers.
- Preparation of manuscripts. May also assist in grant writing.
- Laboratory maintenance, including equipment maintenance, and ordering of supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include attending Scientific Conferences and Meetings.
Special Notes: This is a full time position. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Night and weekend work is required. Occasional travel to conferences may be required.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a Research Foundation Employment Application, cover letter and resume to:
Dr. Sumita Bhaduri-McIntosh
Department of Pediatrics
Life Sciences Building, Room 158
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5222
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 08/08/2014, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FEMALES, MINORITIES, DISABLED, VETERANS.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Category: E) Research (professional) and Technical to include lab support positions.
Posting Date: 07/13/2014
Additional Categories: K) Postdoctoral Positions.