Business Intelligence Analyst I
The Business Intelligence Analyst will report to the Senior Assistant Director, Business Intelligence in the Institutional Research office. The main duties of the successful candidate will be to provide development and support for the reporting needs related to the enterprise data warehouse. This will include requirements gathering, development and maintenance of a variety of business intelligence tools and reports using institutionally designated approaches and technologies to ensure successful delivery of customer solutions for reporting.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- In consultation with clients and VIRG management determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, data quality, and performance.
- Create, maintain, support and enhance EDW reporting environment.
- Design, create and maintain Business Objects universe.
- Design, create and maintain Business Objects reports.
- Provide technical support to users of Business Objects.
- Assist in development of training materials and documentation related to the reporting environment.
- Develop business-oriented metadata definitions.
- Assist with development of the enterprise data warehouse.
- Identify data external to warehouse needed for reporting solutions.
- Work with EDW team to translate requirements into technical specifications to support reporting environment.
- Provide knowledge of Vanderbilt's reporting environment and industry best practices related to data warehousing and business intelligence reports.
- Develop a broad knowledge of Vanderbilt's databases and systems.
- Employ generally accepted quality practices in analyzing and reporting on institutional data and external benchmarking data.
- Research new technologies to streamline office processes.
- Uses excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
Job requires Bachelor's degree and 6 months of experience or the equivalent.
- Higher Education Experience
- Institutional Research Experience
- Strong database and SQL skills, especially Oracle PL/SQL
- Business Objects (or other) Reporting Tools
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Baker Building
Organization VIRG 150418