Location: Chicago, IL
Office Building/Campus: Online/Remote
Home Department: Academic Development
Position Type: Staff Position
Employment duration: Full time
TCS Education System is currently seeking an Instructional Designer to join the Instructional Design department.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for overseeing the creative direction and project management associated with the development of online and blended courses. The Instructional Designer will also support and work with the subject matter experts designing the courses and the reviewers conducting the review of the courses. S/he will create a template for all TCS courses and, as the project manager, will create the processes and procedures necessary for a smooth design and delivery process.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a standard TCS design template for all courses, utilizing established course design principles.
- Assisting subject matter experts in translating content knowledge into an online course design map leading to the final product of an online or blended course.
- Appraising course creation quality in terms of design, writing, editing; identifying and providing corrective action when needed in alignment with the Quality Matters program and rubric.
- Applying the appropriate learning theory and instructional theory necessary for excellent online course design and implementation.
- Managing the development of online and blended courses from conceptualization through production, including the management of all subject matter experts.
- Developing and communicating design and production schedules.
- Serving as project manager to ensure that the product meets specifications, stays on budget, and is delivered on time.
- Assisting subject matter experts in navigating the course management system in order to understand content application.
- Managing and completing all phases of the design process, including the use of applications such as Flash when needed.
- Overseeing course design revisions and product improvements in already created courses.
- Remaining current and have a thorough understanding of the latest industry technology tools and trends in online education.
- Serving as a course design resource to other members of TCS.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Senior Director, Instructional Design.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple course development simultaneously.
- One to two years’ work experience in instructional design and revision, including designing online courses and creating courses from master syllabus through duplication on a course management system, preferably at the graduate level.
- Experience working with subject matter experts to produce a product ready for delivery, including the ability to work effectively with faculty.
- Master's degree preferred.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System:
TCS Education System was founded in 2009 as a nonprofit organization with a mission of preparing innovative, engaged, purposeful agents of change who serve our global community.
TCS Education System features a network of specialized institutions, which are backed by a model of education that prepares socially responsible, culturally competent professionals in applied fields such as psychology, law, health care, and education. TCS Education System partners—The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Pacific Oaks College & Children’s School, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University—each offer scholarship, training, and service opportunities directed to a specific career path while providing a transformative educational experience. For more information, visit www.tcsedsystem.edu