National Director, Office of the Registrar
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Office Building/Campus: Los Angeles- Downtown
Home Department: Student Affairs
Position Type: Staff Position
Employment duration: Full time
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is seeking a National Director, Office of the Registrar to join its Student Affairs team. Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent, non-profit institution with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty.
Reporting to the Vice President, Student Affairs with dotted-line responsibility to the Vice President, Academic Affairs, the National Director manages the institution’s registration and records effort and carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. To perform this job, an individual must be able to meet the requirements listed below.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Management and Supervision
- Set and achieve strategic goals for the Office of the Registrar.
- Lead the Office of the Registrar team in implementing academic policy including the development, implementation, evaluation, and maintenance of departmental policy and procedure.
- Direct the work of the campus-based registration and records staff teams.
- Oversee the development, auditing, and publication of the annual schedule of courses for all programs in all delivery modalities.
- Manage the maintenance of the academic policies and records-related sections of the student handbook.
- Assist the national school community in interpreting registration and records-related policies and understanding registration management procedures
- Collect, analyze, and report on data for administrative use in formulating policies and for on-demand reports.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of The Chicago School’s participation in the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Support the planning and implementation of all TCSPP commencement ceremonies.
- Review, keep current, and upgrade the Office of the Registrar website including all forms.
- Maintain TCSPP’s relationship with its third-party transcript and diploma vendors.
- Serve as a member of the national Student Affairs leadership team and support its activities.
Compliance, Risk Management, and Liaison Responsibilities
- Ensure the integrity of the school’s academic and student record keeping.
- Liaise with staff members at TCS Education System in academic operations and student services, student finance, institutional research, compliance and legal affairs, and other departments.
- Work collaboratively with TCS Education System to maximize the capabilities of the student information system and related technologies.
- Work collaboratively with TCS Education System to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation-related policies.
- Serve as the institutional authority on FERPA and other relevant regulations.
- Serve on the Academic Standards Committee and other faculty or administrative committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS required, Master's Degree preferred
- 4 – 6 years’ experience in a Registrar’s Office; 5 – 7 years in a higher education environment
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong mathematical and reasoning skills
- Strong data management and computer skills, including proficiency with Campus Management products and Microsoft Excel
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.