Part-time Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (15-004)
Under general supervision of the Head Coach on a limited part-time basis, this position is responsible for assisting the head coach with recruitment and scouting efforts, practice planning and coaching duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Assists in all aspects of a highly competitive NJCAA Division I Men's Basketball program.
- Recruits, trains, conditions, travels as needed, assists in game management, scouts, promotes clinics and camps and general program administration.
- Commits to academic success, abides by NJCAA rules, and promotes program loyalty.
- Promotes intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the College.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary for an individual to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and be successful in the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED is required. Two years or more of post-secondary education preferred.
Minimum of one season experience as a head coach of a college or high school basketball program, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with others in an educational setting.
- Ability to present information to groups in clear and effective manner
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use fingers and hands to keyboard or type and handle materials; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and push or pull. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Click here to view the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applicant is responsible for reading and following the application instructions to ensure successful application submittal.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR THIS POSITION
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they have submitted all required materials, as listed below. Following application submittal, applicant can login via the Modify Your Application link (to the right) to view application profile:
1) Completed online profile
ALL ITEMS BELOW MUST BE UPLOADED TO BE CONSIDERED
UPLOADED IN STEP 5 OF PROFILE – Letter of interest which addresses your qualifications for this position (please do not combine letter with resume)
UPLOADED IN STEP 5 OF PROFILE – Resume (please do not combine resume with letter)
UPLOADED IN STEP 5 OF PROFILE – Unofficial Transcripts showing highest degree. If you do not have your transcripts in electronic format for uploading, you may fax them to 208-769-7786 with a cover page that includes the position title.
2) Upon request, you may be asked to complete the NIC E-Application Form.
This request (if made) will come to you via e-mail.
Location: NIC campus
Opening Date: July 11, 2014
Closing Date: All materials must be received by Noon, July 28, 2014
Anticipated Starting Date: August 11, 2014