Part-time Head Men's and Women's Golf Coach (15-003)
Reports to: Director of Athletics
FLSA status: Exempt
Under general direction, this position is responsible for the planning, promotion and administration of a quality men and women’s intercollegiate golf program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Organizes, develops, and promotes an intercollegiate men and women’s golf program, including coaching, scheduling, tournament preparation, practice and supervision.
- Ensures adherence to all Northwest Athletic Association of Community College (NWAACC) and North Idaho College Athletic department rules and regulations.
- Recruits new student athletes.
- Monitors academic progress of student-athletes within the program and ensures that player and team eligibility standards are met. Coordinates with the NIC Athletics Department Academic Advisor to ensure golf student-athletes attain satisfactory academic progress.
- Creates fall and spring event schedules per NWAACC rules.
- Purchases and coordinates all team travel during fall and spring seasons.
- Manages all team equipment including but not limited to uniforms, practice gear and field equipment.
- Manages all golf program budgets, including NIC and NIC Athletics Booster Club accounts, and provides timely submission of expense documents.
- Participates in Booster Club activities, including newsletter writing materials, event attendance and speaking engagements.
- Initiates fundraising activities for the golf program, including participation with NIC Athletic department fundraising events.
- Travels locally, regionally and statewide on a regular basis to meet the needs of the intercollegiate schedule
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary for an individual to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and be successful in the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED is required. Two years or more of post-secondary education is preferred. Must possess a thorough understanding of the sport of golf. Minimum of one season experience as a head coach of a college or high school golf program, or one year as a golf instructor, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PGA or LPGA Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with others in an educational setting.
- Ability to present information to groups in clear and effective manner
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use fingers and hands to keyboard or type, and to handle materials; reach with hands and/or arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applicant is responsible for reading and following the application instructions to ensure successful application submittal.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR THIS POSITION
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they have submitted all required materials, as listed below. Following application submittal, applicant can login via the Modify Your Application link (to the right) to view application profile:
1) Completed online profile
ALL ITEMS BELOW MUST BE UPLOADED IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED
UPLOADED IN STEP 5 OF PROFILE – Letter of interest which addresses your qualifications for this position (please do not combine letter with resume)
UPLOADED IN STEP 5 OF PROFILE – Resume (please do not combine resume with letter)
2) Upon request, you may be asked to complete the NIC E-Application Form.
This request (if made) will come to you via e-mail.
Location: NIC campus
Opening Date: July 11, 2014
Closing Date: All materials must be received by Noon, July 18, 2014
Anticipated Starting Date: July 28, 2014