Executive Director, Office of Student Financial Services, Medical Campus (7361/G1014)
Boston University Medical Campus seeks an experienced individual to lead its Office of Student Financial Services (OSFS). This office administers financial aid to health profession students in the Schools of Medicine, Dental Medicine, and Public Health.
The selected individual will provide leadership and management of a large, complex, and highly technical financial aid program involving loans and scholarships with various funding sources, e.g., endowment funds, private, and federal sources. The Executive Director is also responsible for the delivery of financial services for a student population in excess of 3,300 and for the development, implementation, and evaluation of numerous health professions, student assistance, debt management, and financial planning educational workshops and seminars for this constituency.
The Executive Director will:
- Assure a high level of service delivery to Medical Campus students.
- Advise the Deans of the Schools of Medicine, Dental Medicine, and Public Health on financial aid policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the professional activities of the OSFS with the Offices of Student Affairs, Diversity & Multicultural Affairs, Registrar, and Admissions.
- Serve as the liaison with the University's Director of Student Loans, Collections, and Receivables.
- Provide overall management of the OSFS, including budget, systems, communication, and personnel.
In addition to the competitive salary, Boston University offers an attractive benefits package, which includes liberal vacation and holiday leave, tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents, and a generous retirement program.Required Skills Experience Required
Interested candidates should forward their resume and CV along with a cover letter detailing their salary requirements
The successful candidate for this position will possess a masters' degree (advanced degree preferred) and a minimum of eight years of relevant experience in an academic setting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.