Faculty, Education, Early Childhood Education, Full-Time, , Fall 2015
This full-time tenure-track faculty member will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in early childhood education and program administration; advise undergraduate students; collaborate with colleagues on program and school-wide projects. This faculty will help to further develop the School of Education’s new undergraduate program in Early Education and Care; engage in a program of scholarly work; and provide service to the department and university.
Candidates are required to perform duties in accordance with the MSCA contract. Duties include teaching responsibilities, advising, scholarship and contributions to the development of the department and university. The standard teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester. The position is subject to available funding.
- Earned doctorate or ABD from a regionally accredited institution in an education-related field or a closely related content area such as literacy, and if ABD, will have a doctorate by June 30, 2015.
- Experience in preparing teachers for early education and care settings
- Minimum of three years of experience teaching
- Minimum three years in administration in a variety of early childhood settings
- Demonstrated proficiency in integrating technology into instruction to enhance student learning and engagement
- Demonstrated ability to teach courses in a variety of delivery formats (face-to-face on campus, hybrid and online).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the professional standards established by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Evidence of scholarship in the early education field
- Evidence of a professional commitment to programs that prepare students to teach culturally, linguistically, and academically diverse students with or without disabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience teaching and/or administration in urban settings
- Content and pedagogical knowledge of early care and education and foundational content knowledge in early childhood
- Experience in assessment and intervention
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter. Three letters of recommendation should be sent to: Human Resources and Equal Opportunity, 352 Lafayette Street, Salem, MA 01970.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.