Senior Analyst, Marketing Analytics
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Executive Director, New Business & Financial Growth, the Senior Analyst is responsible for the collection, analysis and presentation of data, both quantitative and qualitative, that supports executive management decision-making in the areas of strategy and business development. The Senior Analyst is also responsible for analyzing market trends for the company’s current and future business lines and preparing market research and intelligence reports to help meet strategic growth goals. The scope of responsibility is organization-wide and will include significant interaction with management staff at program and director levels.
Business Plan Development & Maintenance
- Prepare and maintain/update business plans for identified strategic growth areas
- Collaborate with business line leaders in maintaining up-to-date market intelligence to maintain business plan effectiveness
- Collaborate with finance team in the development and maintenance of pro formas for business plans
- Provide support for new product development, research, design, implementation and creation
- Prepare periodic written reports regarding project status and keep supervisor informed of project direction and renegotiate direction as necessary
- Track and monitor key business development projects and initiatives
- Assist in monitoring of performance initiatives regarding enterprise financial growth
- Develop pricing templates customized to business units
Marketing Research & Competitive Intelligence
- Conduct research and provide business intelligence on competitors, technology and competitor service trends, market assessments, public policy and other areas as assigned
- Provide actionable analyses and interpretations on environmental and strategic topics, competitors, technology and service trends, product opportunities, market assessments, public policy and other areas as assigned.
- Evaluate market demand for proposed products and services
- Collaborate with Enterprise marketing professionals and other professionals as needed
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in business, public administration, or related field.
- 8-10 years of experience in the health care or related field
- Experience in a financial and/or project management environment with exposure to project planning, modeling, budgeting and cost benefit analysis required.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written skills
- General knowledge of the healthcare system, health policy and Medicare and Medicaid payment systems preferred. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and re-prioritize as necessary.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and ability to research, evaluate and manage software applications for identified business needs.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working in a very fast-paced, sophisticated, complex, entrepreneurial, and highly matrixes organization.
- Demonstrated experience in computer based tools, including spreadsheets, database management, and word processing.
- Experience with project management.
- Detail oriented
- Thorough understanding of UMMS and funder (state, federal, private) policies.