Fitness & Strength Assistant
Bucknell University is seeking applications for the position of Fitness & Strength Assistant within the Department of Athletics and Recreation. Bucknell is a highly selective, privately endowed comprehensive university of 3,400 students that is a member of the NCAA Division I (FCS in Football) and the Patriot League for 23 of 27 varsity sports. The University is located in Lewisburg on a 450-acre campus in central Pennsylvania's Susquehanna River Valley. New York City, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Philadelphia are each within a 3 Â½ hour drive from Lewisburg.
The Fitness & Strength Assistant is responsible for assisting and developing the strength and conditioning program of assigned NCAA Division I sports programs, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist with the planning and development of weight training programs of the 27-Varsity Intercollegiate Athletic programs;
2. Conduct periodic fitness evaluations;
3. Apply, demonstrate and instruct weight training knowledge to Division I varsity athletes;
4. Perform additional duties as needed.
1. Certification in Strength and Conditioning.
2. Excellent computer skills. 3. Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests and perspectives.
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of above average-weight objects and standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Bucknell's Vision is to provide students with the premier undergraduate experience in American higher education. Furthermore, Bucknell will offer an academic program that is challenging and distinctive, with the capacity to prepare its graduates for successful personal, professional, and civic lives in the 21st century. Bucknell's residential life and co-curricular activities will fully support its academic program. This integrated environment for student learning and growth, enhanced by diversity in all its forms, will build connections to a global society. In doing so, Bucknell will emerge from a place of strength to a position of pre-eminence within American higher education.
Bucknell University, an Equal Opportunity Employer, believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education.