Assistant Director for Global Diversity
Albion College, a selective, private, residential liberal arts college, invites applications for the position of Assistant Director for Global Diversity. Main responsibilities include increasing the retention of under-represented students, working individually with students and student groups, coordinating peer mentor program, providing initiatives and programs related to global and domestic diversity and assisting with women and gender-related programs, establishing rapport/developing positive relationships with students and other College constituents including community members, and maintaining and reporting on under-represented student retention data.
- Bachelor’s degree in required.
- Master’s degree in college student personnel or related field is preferred.
- Experience with developing and implementing programs that increase understanding of and competence in global and domestic diversity is preferred.
- Work with diverse student populations including experience with women’s and under-represented student’s issues and retention programs.
- Crisis management and problem-solving skills.
- Advising, training, and team building skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all College constituents.
- Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and learning that goes beyond the classroom.
Application materials should be sent to:
Assistant Director for Global Diversity Search, c/o Rev. Daniel McQuown, College Chaplain and Director for Global Diversity.
Please submit applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter,
- Name, titles, addresses (including e-mail, and telephone numbers of three references).
A review of application will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Albion College is a private liberal arts college of approximately 1400 students. It is situated in a culturally diverse community in south-central Michigan within an hour's drive of the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, and Western Michigan University. Albion is dedicated to the highest quality in undergraduate education and committed to diversity as a core institutional value. The College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability, as protected by law, in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment. We are especially interested in candidates who will contribute to a campus climate that supports equality and diversity.