Faculty, Music, Full-Time, , Fall 2015
The music department at Salem State University is seeking a tenure-track faculty position beginning September 2015. This position in music production and technology will include teaching duties in (1) introductory classes in music technology and audio engineering, (2) advanced production and audio engineering classes, (3) classes in music production for multimedia and web applications (3) courses in music synthesis and programming, and (4) other courses in music and the music industry as are relevant to the successful candidate.
Candidates are required to perform duties in accordance with the MSCA contract. Duties include teaching responsibilities, advising, scholarship and contributions to the development of the department and university. The standard teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester. The position is subject to available funding.
- Terminal degree in music technology/audio engineering or a doctorate in music with relevant music technology/audio engineering experience
- Teaching experience, which may include part-time college or university or post doc teaching experience
- Extensive knowledge of recording and production techniques, audio engineering and music synthesis principles and project workflow
- Teaching experience in a liberal arts environment in higher education
- Scholarly or creative work in music
- Relevant industry experience in production, audio engineering and/or synthesis
- Experience in using technology in a live sound environment
- Experience in curriculum and program development
- Experience in or aptitude for budget preparation
- the ability to troubleshoot, identify and remedy issues in the recording studio and computer lab environments
- Extensive knowledge of current digital audio software and hardware platforms, including traditional studio production techniques and methods as well as methods for current mobile and tablet applications
- Extensive knowledge of acoustic principles and theories
- Experience with Macintosh OS and iOS platforms
- Experience in and a commitment to teaching in multiracial environment with students of diverse background and learning styles
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach CV and cover letter. Three letters of recommendation should be sent to: Human Resources and Equal Opportunity, 352 Lafayette Street, Salem, MA 01970.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.