Coordinator, Student Activities (Lakeland) (140081)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This professional position reports to a director and is an excellent opportunity within the College’s Student Activities and Leadership Office. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This professional position is responsible for planning, implementing and supervising/coordinating a diverse program of Student Activities that meets the needs of the students of Polk State College. The position will work to develop a well rounded program which includes multicultural events, Healthy Student Living, Student Activities and Engagement, First Days and Intramural program.
- Manage space and activities for students in the student center including the Student Activity Office, Student Organization Area, Activity Center.
- Develop and promote a Healthy Student Living Program that promotes healthy activities and healthy living on the campus. Wellness activities should include promotion of the wellness center, assisting with the coordination of the Student Health Fairs, and procuring information for distribution across the college.
- Assist with the continued development and promotion of an active Student Activities Boards, and student engagement events and workshops college wide. Responsibilities include advising SAB Boards as well as participating in Association for the Promotion for Campus Activities (APCA)
- Research, plan and evaluate a diverse program of activities and events that meet the broad interests and needs of the student body.
This position is a level P10. Generally, for exempt positions, starting salaries are between the minimum and the midpoint (benchmark). For Career (non-exempt positions), it is between a Step 0 and a Step 5 on the appropriate level.Required Skills
- Requires ability to work independently on broader assignments with the responsibility for the planning of work. Makes decisions within accepted standards.
- Ability to work cooperatively with college personnel.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated commitment to community involvement.
- Ability to organize and communicate orally and in writing with students, fellow workers and others outside of the college.
- Ability to manage and work with groups.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree is required.Experience Required
At least two (2) years of experience working in student development/services on a college or university campus.
Prefer candidates with experience in working with the Florida College System Student Government Association (FCSSGA) and healthy student living.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
- Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of:
- a resume, and
- an electronic job application.
- Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- Background Screening: Reference checks, successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required prior to employment.
- Non-Instructional Transcripts: For professional/salaried positions, uploading of unofficial transcript(s) during the hiring process is welcomed, but not required.
- Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
- Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
- Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants must use the Documentation Form to apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. All required documentation (Polk State Veteran’s Preference Documentation Form and the DD-214) must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
- Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
- This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, July 14, 2014.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.