Dean of Instruction - Allied Health
The Dean of Instruction – Allied Health provides an exciting opportunity to provide crucial strategic instructional leadership at Lake Washington Institute of Technology, working collaboratively to nurture a positive, inclusive, and accountable culture. Looking toward the future of healthcare, the dean works closely with college and health industry partners to determine program development needs, steer the design of innovative program development and curricula that enhances employees' skills and knowledge, promote student access, success, and completion in certificate to baccalaureate programs, comply with professional accreditation requirements, recruit and retain students and faculty, manage the operational logistics of major grants and contracts, and ensure stewardship of state and other funds. The dean will explore interdisciplinary collaboration, technological innovation, and approaches to learning such as undergraduate research. The dean has responsibility for the day-to-day division operations and is the first-line supervisor of assigned full- and part-time faculty and support staff. This is a contracted, exempt management position that reports to the vice president of instruction.
- Master's degree required; earned doctorate preferred
- Three or more years work experience in an institution of higher education or transferable experience and competencies
- Experience administrating programs
- College-level teaching experience or training of adult learners
- Demonstrated ability to acquire knowledge of contemporary curricular content for allied health education
- Demonstrated experience with budgetary processes and financial statements
- Demonstrated computer literacy; proficiency in Microsoft Office programs required
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with students, staff, and community from diverse backgrounds, including those whose native language is not English, and a commitment to a culturally diverse work environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving competencies, combined with a collaborative work style
REQUIRED: You must apply for this job through the college's online application process at http://www.lwtech.edu.
LWTech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer