Monitor Tech- Inpatient Cardiology (7 North)- FT Nights
Provides technical support for the acquisition of a cardiac tracing needed to diagnose or rule-out cardiac disease in an inpatient population using Eagle monitor and transport monitors.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Acquires interpretable electrocardiogram waveform as requested by physician or registered nurse.
- Correctly includes patient specific demographics, and clinical information as indicated per protocol.
- Telemetry tracing recorded matches tracing requested.
- Prepares patient properly for optimal tracing.
- Demonstrated ability to use and clean all telemetry equipment.
- Admits/DC's/Transfers patients on telemetry per protocol-maintains monitor strip books/files for assigned departments.
- Prints alarm parameters at admission and with any charges.
- Prints strips per protocol places in monitor strip book/file and interprets.
- Prints strip, interprets and notifies RN with any new arrhythmias or changes.
- Places strip in monitor book.
- Communicates findings to physicians or nurses.
- Recognizes abnormal tracings by category: warning or crisis.
- Communicates "warning" information within 3-5 minutes and "crisis" information immediately.
- Notifies RN/CP of leads off, low batteries, etc.
- Maintains good customer service skills while communicating to RNs, staff, transport, MD's and patients at all times.
- Works as a team member.
- Demonstrates flexibility in accepting work assignments.
- Assists other staff in completion of work.
- Teaches troubleshooting I.E. lead placement with new pacers or postop, changing leads out, proper skin preparation.
- Assists with lead placement or application of leads as needed.
- Services as a resource on rhythm interpretation to RNs, housestaff, etc.
- Completes quality study in 10-15 minutes.
- Maintains clean work environment.
- Maintains equipment.
- Maintains levels of electrodes, paper, pouches, etc. and disinfects transmitters between patients per protocol.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area including cupboards and shelves.
- Reports technical problems to Management and Biomed and documents the problem in the log book.
Job requires High school graduate or GED and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Hospital (VUH)
Organization Telemetry Monitor Techs 212074