Manager Service Delivery VUIT
Serve as the primary focal point, for specified customer areas within the Vanderbilt community, for new IT projects and initiatives. Responsible for understanding the mission of the customer area and their infrastructure needs and, act as a liaison and advocate for the customer within VUIT. Responsible for understanding VUIT products and services and communicating them to customer areas. Manage customer and VUIT infrastructure projects and project teams.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Actively manage relationships and understand business drivers for assigned Service Delivery areas.
- Manage the relationship between Vanderbilt customer areas and VUIT and perform client advocacy
- Understand customer area missions
- Maintain customer area profile demonstrating an extemporaneous understanding of the customer area and the profile document requirements
- Use methodologies to improve service, manage customer expectations and perceptions, and build strong internal and external relationships
- Manage assigned projects.
- Manage customer and VUIT projects reporting project status and progress, delivering assigned projects on time and on budget
- Manage and supervise project teams
- Use ITS project methodologies and best practices when managing projects including, but not limited to, project plans, meeting minutes, status reports, issues log and change logs
- Develop business cases, maintain and track project budget including initial forecast and actuals
1. Develop and present communications such as PowerPoint presentations, proposals, policies and procedures, and business summaries to enhance and support strategic or operational plans.
2. Perform financial and business process analysis, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations to leadership.
3. Apply process improvement methods applicable to the field and designs plans for implementation.
4. Analyze trends affecting budget/accounting needs and recommend procedural changes as needed.
5. Participate in calculation, validation and updating of cost saving initiatives.
6. Research current challenges and trends in the field and brings information and recommendations back to leadership for consideration.
7. Researches business problems and quickly understands the issues and data challenges of organization.
8. Inform and advise managers and other key stakeholders of financial issues and matters as appropriate.
9. Analyze proposed plans and policies, as well as new programs, to determine costs. Makes appropriate recommendations to management in order to strengthen business controls, improve operations, and/or reduce costs.
10. Develop programs or queries to retrieve and analyze data for projects, program, or reports.
11. Apply statistically sound analytic methods within program and projects.
12. Gather data using data mining techniques and tools, analyze information, develop conclusions, communicate recommendations clearly and work effectively with others on a team.
13. Effectively translate complex data and analyses to all levels within the organization.
Job requires Bachelor's and 5 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Baker Building
Organization IT Leaders 152610