Program Coordinator for Housing Assignments
The Program Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Housing Assignments and is responsible managing new student assignment processes. Additionally, the Program Coordinator will assist the Associate Director to supervise, coordinate, implement and market the various assignment processes. The Program Coordinator will also support the assessment of the Housing Assignments processes focusing on intended outcomes while also using formative evaluations to modify and improve the assignment process annually.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the First-Year Assignment Process
o Monitor first-year paid-and-coming numberso Oversee preparation of first-year web applicationo Develop all communications with first-yearso Respond to requests for special accommodationo Make first-year assignmentso Respond to room change requests
- Manage Transfer student assignments and communications
o Monitor transfer paid-and-coming numberso Oversee preparation of transfer web applicationo Develop all housing communications with transferso Respond to requests for special accommodationo Make assignmentso Respond to room change requests
- Manage Assignment processes for
o May Sessiono Summer Sessiono Pre-Academic Vanderbilt Engineering (PAVE) programo Athletes in competition
- Co-supervise assignments staff
o Assist with staff trainingo Assist with staff schedulingo Document the workflow of assignments data from application to assignment to check out
- Assist with Transition Moves
o Summer to Fallo Fall to Springo Spring to May/Summer Sessionso Special Groupso PAVE (PAVE Summer, continuing PAVE, graduated PAVE)o Athleteso Long-Term Stayo Early move-in groupso Others
- Assist with Management of Housing Management Software (OfficeBiz)
o Work with programmers to further leverage OfficeBizo Supervise day-to-day office useo Review utility of component applications and reportso Document OfficeBiz processeso Participate in development of RFP for new software
- Problem Solving
o Assist with review of policies and procedures for students with special needso Assist with management of waitlistso Assist with room change requests and students unhappy with their assignments
- Communicate with Students and Families
o Meet with students and familieso Reply to emailo Handle telephone calls
- Assist with OHARE communications
o OHARE websiteo Assignments Publicationso InnerVUo Mass Emailo Social mediao Open and Closing Memoso Posterso Proofread OHARE publicity
- Manage and supervise the Off Campus Referral Service
- Special Projects
o Assist with Commons Move In
- Assist with assessment projects
- Other tasks as assigned
Job requires Bachelor's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
- Two years or more experience in student affairs or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience combined.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and work effectively with college students and their families.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (in person, telephone, and email).
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Robust Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) skills.
- Knowledge of WordPress desired
- Working knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience directing the work of others.
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Branscomb Quadrangle
Organization Housing Assignments Staff 177210