Department Education Assistant
Provide administrative support to departments by coordinating a variety of activities of medical students, graduate students, residents and/or fellows. Maintain records; coordinate application procedures.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Coordinate the application process
- Schedule interviews of prospective students/residents/ fellows; coordinate schedules with faculty; make necessary meeting arrangements such as scheduling rooms, organizing catering.
- Process student/resident/fellow applications; maintain files on past, prospective and active students/residents/ fellows.
- Meet with faculty groups and committees to assist in the review of applications and available positions. Assist faculty in obtaining all necessary information regarding prospective students/residents/fellows; distribute new listings to faculty once results of application have been announced; send status letters to applicants in a timely manner
- Respond to requests of prospective students/residents/ fellows
- Send appropriate information to individuals regarding the program, Medical Center, affiliated hospitals, and area in a timely manner.
- Ensure activities of the department are appropriately coordinated and scheduled.
- Schedule orientation for new students/residents/fellows
- Schedule grand rounds, rotation schedules and other schedules
- Arrange clinical rotation, lecture and/or test schedules; prepare and distribute to faculty and students/residents/ fellows; coordinate any changes with faculty members and students/residents/fellow.
- Serve as a liaison for students/residents/fellows, and faculty in administrative matters;
- Assist student/ residents/fellows with maintaining experience summaries;
- Track summaries on software package in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicate status of summaries to appropriate faculty.
- Provide administrative support to the department
- Prepare statistical reports or other reports as requested by department chairman or other faculty in a courteous, accurate, and timely manner
- Prepare exams, lectures, and syllabi as requested by faculty in a courteous, accurate, and timely manner.
Job requires High school graduate or GED and 3 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Medical Center East (MCE) - South Tower
Organization Otolaryngology 104781