Instructional Support Analyst II
Instructional Support Analyst II
Department: Information Technology Services
Instructional Support Analyst II is accountable for designing and developing pedagogically effective teaching and learning strategies in an electronic learning environment (a) designs and develops interactive content for online courses; develops and presents faculty and staff development workshops for the university’s course management system (Blackboard), for IT supported applications and classroom technology, (b) conducts and presents online and face-to-face resource materials for faculty and student training; provides comprehensive support to faculty with instructional technology contents or web enhanced modules (c) responsible for designing and constructing web based resources, instructional modules, and other intergraded technology based projects; maintains Instructional Technology support websites and course templates implementing best practice using instructional design methodologies (d) A dynamic trainer for the productivity software tools. A general technologist responsible for development, training and support of learning and emerging technology in higher education with excellent communication skills. Assists and organizes events and outreach, contributes to guidelines regarding the acquisition, installation, licensing, and maintenance of hardware and software related to the use of educational tools. Support with researching and disseminating best practices in e-learning, emerging technologies, instructional design theories, and proficient in managing projects working under firm deadlines while focusing on details and maintaining quality. Provide excellent customer service, consulting and technical support. Promote effective teaching and learning within a range of technology-enhanced environments.
This position receives general guidance from the Manager, Instructional and Media Services. This position exercises supervision over Graduate Student Assistants, student workers, and interns.
Examples of Work:
• Teaching and Training services
• Learning Management System and websites Design
• User services activities
• Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology or related field and 3 years training experience required. 5 years of training experience and Master’s degree preferred.
• Proficiency in web and design-related applications, and have teaching experience in these applications:
- Web applications (Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, Captivate, Contribute and Photoshop, etc.)
- Developing content and maintaining departmental site,
- Course management systems such as Blackboard (certification preferred)
- HTML and XML (basic knowledge: errors, response codes)
- Strong skill in Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop and video technology
- Browsers knowledge (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- ActionScript Coding
- PHP coding (basic knowledge) and MySQL
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
• Demonstrated expertise in developing instructional resources;
- 3 years of current Blackboard experience at the administrator level, certification preferred.
- Current experience with Blackboard Content and Community systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, standard web technologies, languages and authoring tools, and graphic/multimedia development tools;
- Thorough knowledge and experience in instructional design and adult learning theories;
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills in order to motivate and encourage faculty to try new and different learning styles;
- Experience with distributive course management systems; Portfolio or online examples of completed projects
- Experienced, innovative, and enthusiastic Instructional Designer.
- Introduces and implements emerging educational technologies while assisting faculty with its development, assessment and evaluation.
- Fluency with teaching technologies and
- Competent in use of web/social/mobile applications in higher education.
- Exhibits adaptability with rapidly changing current and future learning technologies.
• Server Knowledge
- Apache Server-Side includes (SSI)
- Windows server environment
- Apache Server Commands (.htaccess, basic knowledge: passwords, redirects)
- Linux and Unix--Unix file management
- Video management and web conferencing platforms
• Design Skills
- Knowledge of online instructional design theories and practices
- Significant experience in instructional design techniques and delivering technology-based interactive training
- Demonstrated experience integrating technology into the teaching/learning process
- Demonstrated experience in development and delivery of workshops and individual faculty consultation
- Experience with design and development of web-based instruction
- Experience with instructional applications such as Flash, Dreamweaver, Camtasia, Connect, Captivate; Adobe Photoshop and Page layout software
- Experience with Video and audio production and with Web Graphics (JPG/GIF/PNG)
- Design, develop and deliver training programs and tutorials for both new and experienced instructors and students
- Define and develop or acquire innovative media elements to further learning objectives
- Develop methodologies and assessment techniques that address course and materials usability
- Ensure the pedagogical integrity of projects through systematic instructional design and clear writing of project plans, scripts, and storyboards
- Work with faculty and staff to develop resources and processes that promote online and hybrid learning.
• Support Skills
- Ability to assess user needs and use consultative skills to provide appropriate support.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service in a consistent manner
- Strong familiarity with both PC and Mac operating environment
- Excellent public communication skills and the ability to interact well with faculty, staff, students and others in the working environment
- Ability to organize, categorize and prioritize workload effectively and efficiently, under minimal supervision Evidence of excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective presentation skills,
- Strong experience and dynamic trainer
- Effective and excellent organizational skills managing multiple projects and functioning in a changing environment
- Ability to work and develop product in a team-centered approach for faculty development and support
- Work under pressure and deadline; a capable, flexible and versatile professional
- Skilled in project and time management
- Demonstrated and proven ability to publish technical documentation to facilitate knowledge distribution/maintain current best practices
- Demonstrated commitment in working with multicultural populations
- Must bring a high energy, upbeat, personable attitude, be a self-starter, original and innovative, bring on new ideas and take initiative.
- Excellent skills in both written and oral communications -- experienced in writing professional articles and in presenting professional and technical and non technical topics to campus community and in conference settings
- Demonstrated experience with technology-related events and coordination.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours per week: 37.5
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter, resume and a document with links to your portfolio, artifacts and examples of any online trainings, computer and multimedia based teaching content that you have developed to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org