Institutional Research - RESEARCH ANALYST
Full-time position to participate in the ongoing activities to provide strategic information for assessment, planning and management decisions; user support for the College's Survey Research Center; and data for compliance reporting, internal needs and external public information.
1. Responsible for extracting, verifying, storing, and updating institutional data from various College databases such as the Human Resources System and the Student Information System for use in Institutional Research databases, electronic files and institutional reports.
2. Design, construct, and maintain Institutional Research databases, electronic files and computer programs for use in reporting data and for informational purposes.
3. Assist in data collection to respond to information requests from internal constituents, state and federal agencies, college guidance publishers and other external organizations.
4. Analyze quantitative and qualitative data and assist in the preparation of the appropriate materials (memos, reports, graphs, tables, etc.) to distribute to the College Community.
5. Assist in the design of survey instruments and assume responsibility for the production, administration and collection of the survey responses. Provide campus community support for the Ithaca College Survey Research Center and for the College's online survey design and administration tool.
6. Assist in identifying and resolving incompatible data from various sources.
7. Duties may also include the following: organizing, tracking and coordinating the receipt and response to internal and external data requests as well as all state and federal compliance reports; preparing the response in the final format ensuring that the appropriate approvals, accuracy and reliability checks have been completed; and sending out responses using the proper method.
8. Maintain detailed records of research activities, analyses, and procedures for all assignments.
9. Attend planning and research/professional seminars and conferences as appropriate and approved.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years related work experience. Required are a working knowledge of SPSS or SAS; an understanding of relational databases; knowledge of descriptive statistics; excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; the ability to work with sensitive and confidential material; demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy; the ability to maintain detailed records of research activities, analyses and procedures; and the capacity to work independently yet cooperatively within a team environment. Previous experience working in a college or university environment is preferred.
Instructions for submitting your application: Interested applicants should apply on-line at http://www.ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a cover letter, resume, and a list containing the contact information for at least three professional references. Questions about the online application process should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at 607-274-8000. Screening of applicants will begin immediately.
Salary Band: EX.I.100
Market Hiring Range: $48,000 - $53,000
Target Start Date: Jul 01, 2014
Normal start time: 8:30 a.m.
Normal end time: 5:00 p.m.
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 52.2
FLSA Status: Exempt
Opening Date (Period for Applying) - External: May 07, 2014, 12:00:00 AM
Benefit eligible: benefits-eligible
Work Authorization: visa sponsorship is not provided for this position
EEO Statement Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.