Compensation and Benefits Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct job evaluations, including analyzing job descriptions for appropriate grade, job level, title, and FLSA exemption status. Draft and finalize job descriptions, and maintain job description database.
- Collect information on positions from supervisors to assist in developing job descriptions, and conduct periodic classification audits and make recommendations.
- Ongoing evaluation of existing and new positions, and review and recommend appropriate job titles.
- Monitor and review changes in compensation laws and regulations and recommend changes.
- Determine appropriate job matches and conduct salary research and participate in and analyze results of compensation and benefits surveys.
- Accurately address inquiries regarding compensation including inquiries from employee and/or supervisor.
- Support special compensation and benefits projects and cross-functional HR initiatives as needed, including the performance review process, wellness initiatives, benefits open enrollment, and benefits compliance matters.
- Provide general administrative support as requested including scanning/copying, making revisions to documents/policies, filing including personnel files, sending condolence announcements to community, providing office/phone coverage, assisting faculty and staff, and assisting students with I-9s.
- Draft and finalize compensation and/or benefits related letters, memos, etc.
- Serve as backup for the Senior HRIS Analyst by entering and maintaining all employees (faculty, staff, including temporaries, seasonal temporaries) data in Banner in a timely and accurate manner. This includes generating an ID number; entering all personal data (name, DOB, SSN, etc.); benefits deductions; salary information; generating routine and complex reports from Banner using Microsoft Access and/or Crystal Reports; and completing verification of employment request.
- Research, design and develop total compensation statements for employees.
- Prepare benefit packets and make revisions to forms, checklists and enrollment material.
- Coordinate logistics for related programs including confirming information with vendors/providers, developing communication materials, reserving rooms, and ordering refreshments.
- Assist with administrative duties for benefit programs such as health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and wellness programs as instructed.
- May assist with auditing benefits records, insurance payments, HRIS system records, and retirement plan records against payroll records to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in providing administrative and/or clerical support to Director as requested.