Recruiting Coordinator - Human Resources (S539)
The Recruiting Coordinator will be responsible for managing information in the Human Resources recruiting database, including producing data reports. They will be the first point of contact for hiring mangers in regard to all open staff positions. Further, they will be responsible to be in direct contact with the hiring manager throughout the entire recruiting process including the screening of candidate applications to the final offer letter. They will be responsible to advertise in a variety of areas for all open staff positions and screening of incoming applications. Furthermore, this person will be responsible for assisting departments in the areas of staff employment when they have an open position, including job descriptions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years client service, recruitment, staffing experience
- General HR knowledge
- Strong computer proficiency, experience with ATS preferred
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Manages the Human Resources Recruitment database, including entry of requisitions, all applicants into the system, tracking, and compiling reports.
- Works directly with hiring managers when an open position occurs including being the first point of contact to the final offer letter written to the candidate.
- Screens all incoming staff applications and follows procedures to route applications accordingly.
- Maintains all files pertaining to open positions.
- Responsible to correspond with applicants who are looking for work, via phone, email and/or in person.
- Submits advertising information regarding open staff positions for the APU website, and other sources as necessary.
- Collaborates with hiring managers regarding job requirements / descriptions for positions and the hiring of candidates.
- Maintains contact with hiring manager until position is filled.
- Submits requests for background investigation for final candidates.
- Stays current in all areas of government regulations pertaining to employment policy.
- Conducts first day New Employee Orientations.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in use of spreadsheet and database management.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to keep confidentiality with discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to take direction and establish trust with others.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, bend to lower file drawers and reach to top of 4 drawer file cabinet.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Repetitive keyboard work.
- Telephone usage-hearing and speaking. Intermittent sitting and standing.
- Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, HRIS, PeopleSoft, Applicant Tracking Software. Google Mail/Docs
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.