Vice President for Advancement
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Office Building/Campus: Los Angeles- Downtown
Home Department: Office of the National President
Position Type: Staff Position
Employment duration: Full time
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology seeks a dynamic and proven administrator for the position of Vice President for Advancement (VPA). The Vice President of Advancement will report to the national president and serve as a member of the president’s cabinet to provide the vision and strategic leadership for fundraising efforts around institutional initiatives of the highest value and priority to The Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
The Vice President will oversee the development of an advancement strategic plan, alumni affairs and college relations, build and lead a dynamic team, and will develop a strong infrastructure for annual and capital campaigns. Additionally, the Vice President will be responsible for establishing strong relationships with key constituents, strengthening ties with the national TCSPP communities, working effectively with government and business representatives, and enhancing alumni relations. The successful candidate will set the vision and strategic direction for programs that seek to involve alumni and friends in advancing the fundraising priorities of TCSPP. He/she will work closely with the National President and key constituents in planning and implementing programs to advance TCSPP.
As the colleg implements its strategic plan and develops ambitious future goals, it seeks a proven advancement officer with a record of successful fundraising. This key leadership position provides extraordinary vision, strategic direction, an entrepreneurial spirit, and effective management for the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Ability to raise donor sights, articulate aspirational goals and ideas, set priorities, present philanthropic opportunities, and close gifts
- Creative, professional, and entrepreneurial spirit; strong intellectual curiosity
- Professional credibility, intellectual depth, and collaborative skills to garner the trust and confidence of the National President, senior staff, faculty, Trustees, students and other key constituents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated presentation abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work across a complex organization, and provide inspired leadership
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities; ability to embrace challenges and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion
- Demonstrated integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all constituencies; the ability to foster inclusiveness and diversity of ideas
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a complex environment
- 15 years of experience in the Advancement field
- Personal success cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual donors at the major and principal gifts levels; the ability to inspire high net worth individuals to provide significant financial support to an institution
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for the philanthropic process and individual giving behaviors combined with direct solicitation experience
- Deep experience working with faculty, senior officers, and fellow development professionals
- Working knowledge of planned giving, financial and/or estate planning concepts is highly desirable
- Excellent understanding of strategic campaign techniques and other campaign development tools
- Comprehensive campaign experience desired
- Proven ability to motivate staff to keep them engaged, energized and focused on results
- Advanced degree preferred
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.