Seeking an experienced paralegal in the Office of the General Counsel to manage third-party subpoenas and to coordinate and schedule Vanderbilt non-party witnesses for depositions and other testimony; to draft petitions for conservatorship for patients of Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) as needed. The paralegal will also assist attorneys with legal research; organize and maintain complex legal files; draft legal documents and reports as needed; search for and track current information on legal issues important to Vanderbilt as identified, such as compliance; and provide general legal and litigation support.
We seek a highly ethical and dependable paralegal who will contribute to the positive working environment within the Office of the General Counsel
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- manage third-party subpoenas and witness scheduling
- coordinate and schedule Vanderbilt non-party witnesses for depositions and other court-ordered testimony for VUMC physicians and staff
- draft petitions for conservatorship for VUMC patients
- legal research
- assist in drafting and reviewing contracts, business associate agreements, and other legal documents for compliance with local, state, and federal laws as well as University policies
- maintain complex legal files
- provide general litigation support including preparing discovery responses, court filings, and witness interviews
- confer with Privacy Office and Health Information team about privacy and health record issues
Job requires Graduate of an accredited discipline specific program and 5 years of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Loews Vanderbilt Plaza
Organization Office of General Counsel