Associate Director of Volunteer Outreach for Owen Graduate School of Management
The Associate Director of Volunteer Outreach for Owen is responsible for the recruitment, direction and management of fundraising volunteers for the Owen Graduate School of Management. These volunteers include class agents, corporate campaign leaders, reunion volunteers and class gift committee members. The role of these volunteers is to increase philanthropic support for Owen through peer-to-peer outreach for annual contributions and engagement. The Associate Director serves as the primary point of contact for the volunteers and works in conjunction with the Director of Volunteer Outreach for Professional Schools to execute a strategic plan designed to enhance volunteer impact and increase number of donors and giving amounts to the school. This position reports to the Director of Outreach for Professional Schools.
- Three or more years of experience in higher education and with a professional school preferred.
- Extensive experience identifying, recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills essential.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain solid working relationships with alumni volunteers and partners across the University.
- Execute plan for recruitment and management of all annual-giving volunteers for Owen including class agents, corporate campaign leaders, reunion volunteers and class gift committee members with goal of increasing alumni participation.
- Collaborate with Development and Alumni Relations colleagues such as Development Officers and Alumni Relations staff to identify volunteers, execute events, etc.
- Solicit volunteers as needed for annual gifts to ensure 100% participation level from the volunteers.
- Set goals for outreach and participation within each volunteer group and capture meaningful data around the impact of these volunteers.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Some travel may be necessary. Evening and weekend work as needed.
Job requires Bachelor's and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
Job Development and Alumni Relations
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Baker Building
Organization DAR - Annual Giving 144430