Graduate Programs Evaluator(TEMPORARY)
Graduate Programs Evaluator (TEMPORARY)
San Jose State University
Job ID: 22947
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Graduate Admissions & Evaluations
About the Position:
*This is a temporary, benefited, one-year appointment.*
The Enrollment Services Department at San Jose State University supports the academic mission of the University and collaboratively works with the campus and external community to enhance student success.
Performs duties under general supervision of the Manager or Director, Office of Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations and receives work lead direction from area lead, but works independently to perform general tasks and assignments related to admissions, advancement to candidacy, and graduation with emphasis on evaluation verification and processing. The objective in all interactions is to provide information regarding policies and procedures, to suggest actions that will resolve issues, and to establish cordial and collegial relationships with those contacting the Office of Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Implements business processes for each application and graduation cycle, and relays appropriate feedback on processes to efficiently meet demands and specified timelines, including, but not limited to: acting as primary role with admissions, candidacy, and graduation processing for graduate and credential students.
- Assesses domestic and international students’ academic documents to determine eligibility and clearance for admissions, assists students and supports department advisors in appropriate appeal processes, provides workshops, and advises applicants on requirements via one-on-one meetings, phone and e-mail communications, and outreach activities with on and off campus constituents.
- Assesses domestic and international student’s academic documents to determine admission eligibility for undergraduate and graduate programs and advancement to candidacy.
- Evaluates and processes in a timely manner applications for graduation for graduate students.
- Collaborates, supports, and provides assistance to GAPE Office Data Specialists, student workers, and other on and off campus constituents regarding the processing and updating of student records.
Make San Jose State University Your University of Choice