Sr. Security Administration Specialist
The Information Technology (IT) Department provides information resources and technology support to the UMass Medical School community of faculty, students and staff. IT is committed to supporting the institution’s mission of excellence in research, education and public service through academic computing, including bioinformatics and genomics; curriculum development; and distance learning initiatives. Additionally, IT supports and develops technology for finance and budget administration, program management and strategic planning.
As a member of our Information Technology Department, you will join a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking solutions with a focus on continuous improvement. At UMASS Medical School IT we recognize and reward independent thought and innovative ideas. We have fostered an environment where the team dynamic is embraced and collaboration and FUN are core components of our culture.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a dynamic Sr. Security Administration Specialist to play a critical role in UMASS Medical School’s efforts to build a world class account management function to support the schools user community. This position is a “green field” opportunity and will play an integral role in revitalizing the way that UMASS Medical School manages user accounts for our students and employees. We are seeking an innovative and critical thinker who thrives in an environment where their ideas and actions have an immediate and positive impact. You will be joining our newly constructed Information Security Team, helping to align efficient and customer focused solutions with cutting edge security tools. You will work closely with key stakeholders across the campus, leading the effort to design an account management program that will have a meaningful impact on the Medical School’s day to day operations.
The Sr. Security Administration Specialist position is a wonderful opportunity for the right individual who wants to make a real difference within a Medical School that makes a difference in the lives of so many!
UMass Medical School is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. We encourage applications from protected veterans, individuals with disabilities and those with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to consider UMass Medical School as their employer of choice.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
The following competencies are essential:
- Develop and manage a secure, efficient and User friendly Account Management System
- Play a lead role in the design and/or enhancement of an effective Account Management service
- Oversee the management of Account Management tools and processes
- Lead the enhancement and deployment of a University-wide self-service password management solution
- Manage service levels of the Security Administration team and ensure they meet established service level agreements
- Manage the development of Security Administration reporting and provide executive summaries on status and progress
- Lead the implementation and modification of user entitlement processes
- Build partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure access to programs and applications are processed and verified, within the most current standards and requirements
- Play a key role in the evaluation of new system entitlement policies, standards and procedures
- Responsible for resolution of issues associated with account administration to ensure that appropriate access is provided to UMMS information systems
- Responsible for correcting issues related to appropriate access based on audit or risk assessment reporting
- Manage the Account Management Program in compliance with Information Security policies, standards, and controls for access management
- Play a lead role in the development of roles and role based access models to ensure efficient assignment of rights to University students, employees and contractors
- Responsible for the timely administration of requests (create, modify, disable) for access authentication and authorization
- Play a key role in the development and management of an account recertification processes
- Implement efficient and automated Account Management capabilities for the User community
- Provide education to the User community around the effective use of Account Management services
- Play a lead role in the University’s electronic messaging (i.e. email) platform design and implementation
Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology, Information Security, or equivalent experience and 6 years of experience in Information Technology, 4 of which must be in IT Security access provisioning, architecture, or account management are a must. Experience in leading the successful development and implementation of an account management program across a wide-range of systems and applications, account management technology and platforms and developing and account management reporting to senior management are also essential. Must be able to demonstrate the ability in leading an operationally efficient and secure account management program and have proficiency in managing facilitation of account recertification. Must also have the ability to manage to agreed upon service level agreement, effectively interface with management, possess superior verbal, interpersonal and written communication as well as have the ability to travel to off-site locations.
Information security qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, experience in a higher education environment, Identity Management tools, experience with Dell Quest IT Management Suite, SharePoint, MS Active Directory, Exchange, and Linux are beneficial. Demonstrative knowledge of information security standards such as ISO/IEC 27000, NIST, FISMA, PCI, etc. is also a plus.
The University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package including four weeks paid vacation, free tuition at any Massachusetts state school, a robust and affordable variety of health and dental plans, participation in the state retirement plan, and a rewarding environment driven by distinctive work in progressive education and research.
If challenging and competitive work in a fast paced environment appeal to you, consider sharing your talents with one of the fastest growing academic health centers in the country.
Ranked 7th in primary-care education and 48th in research among the United States' 125 medical schools in the 2012 U.S. News & World Report annual guide, "America’s Best Graduate Schools,” UMMS is also a world recognized research center. Beyond its core mission of distinction in health sciences education, UMMS has exploded onto the national and international scene as a major center for research with UMMS researchers making pivotal advances in HIV, cancer, diabetes, genetic disorders, infectious disease and in understanding the molecular basis of disease.