Faculty, Accounting, Full-Time, , Fall 2015
The Bertolon School of Business (BSB) at Salem State University is seeking to fill a full-time, tenure-track position in the accounting and finance department for an accounting faculty member. In addition to teaching, faculty members will advise students, perform school service and pursue research. Previous university teaching experience in accounting and pedagogical or applied research in accounting topics are strongly valued. The BSB is proud of our collegiality and values collaborative efforts among faculty.
Salem State offers an attractive benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage plus a choice of participation in the Massachusetts State Board of Retirement System or an optional retirement system.
Candidates are required to perform duties in accordance with the MSCA contract. Duties include teaching responsibilities, advising, scholarship and contributions to the development of the department and university. The position is subject to available funding.
- MBA with a CPA license or an MS in accounting
- Previous university teaching experience in accounting
- Current and sustained leadership or executive experience in the field of accounting
- Strong history of pedagogical or applied research in accounting topics
- PhD/DBA in accounting or relevant doctorate with recent and sustained research in accounting topics
- Commitment to teaching in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic environment with students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles
- Experience in distance learning and instructional technologies
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter. Three letters of recommendation should be sent to: Human Resources and Equal Opportunity, 352 Lafayette Street, Salem, MA 01970.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.