Welcome Center Coordinator - Undergraduate Admissions (S746)
This position is designed to coordinate the majority of the aspects of a student’s visit to APU. They oversee the on campus visitation program as well as coordinate the Welcome Center by being the primary source of customer service to all of our on campus guests.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred two – four years of office managerial and reception experience.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Greets visitors to the Welcome Center, assists prospective students and/or parents with questions, problems, etc., related to their campus visit experience.
- Coordinates the effective flow of all activities that occur within the Welcome Center, ensuring punctual presentation times and tour departures, consistent multi-media operation, and appropriate guidance for guests who need direction to various places on campus.
- Maintains the appearance and organization of the reception area and presentation room.
- Maintains and updates welcome signage with student guest names each day.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of all admissions materials needed in the Welcome Center.
- Oversees on campus individual visitation program.
- Hires, trains, and supervises Student Experience Assistant student worker position.
- Liaises with the Undergraduate Admissions main office to ensure prompt and thorough communication regarding guest itinerary requests, changes and cancellations.
- Personally coordinates all academic aspects of campus visits (class visits, faculty appts.)
- Assists On Campus Recruitment Manager in assigning individual overnight stays.
- Liaises with the On Campus Recruitment Manager to assign daily counselor responsibilities including, but not limited to: tours, appointments, presentation, COD, etc.
- Assists the On Campus Recruitment Manager with event preparations and details.
- Assists with various Admissions Counselor responsibilities as needed and as assigned by appropriate supervisor.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Superior receptionist skills.
- Proficient at word processing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.