Associate Director Admissions
STARS Requisition Number 24810BR
Department Sch of Management
University Job Title Student Services Officer 3, Professional Schools
Posting Position Title Associate Director Admissions
Bargaining Unit None
Job Category Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Regular
Salary Grade 23
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address 165 Whit
Work Week Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Position Focus: Reporting to the Deputy Director of Admissions and as a core member of the professional admissions team, the Associate Director ("AD") plans and participates in the recruitment, selection and attraction of the strongest possible student body for Yale SOM. As a member of the leadership team, the AD leads the development and implementation of initiatives that fall within the AD's specific areas of responsibility.
Department URL Address: Click here for more information
Principal Responsibilities 1. Evaluates all admissions applications, interviews prospective applicants, and independently assesses each application against a variety of factors, including the applicant's strength, weaknesses and potential contribution to the Yale community. Determines applicant's standing within local, national and international applicant pools.
2. Analyzes and independently assesses overall records to determine if applicants are appropriate for admissions committee review.
3. Presents applicant recommendations to admissions committee. Briefs admissions committee about applicants and about schools and geographical regions as they relate to evaluation of applicant files. Determines which applicants will be waitlisted.
4. Develops public presentations designed to promote Yale to prospective applicants.
5. Provides guidance and counseling to prospective students.
6. Coordinates alumni recruiting activities in assigned geographical areas.
7. Serves as a liaison with organizations and individuals involved in the admissions process.
8. Plans and drives recruiting and yield events and engages in corporate outreach with key industries and key partners.
9. Works collaboratively with colleagues within the school and across Yale, as well as other key constituents, to develop and implement strategies related to relevant geographical regions and professional industries.
10. Manages admissions efforts as they relate to a particular substantive area such as diversity, communications, recruiting, operations, and technology. Provides strategic vision as it relates to this area. Compiles key admissions data, analyzes trends and outcomes, and recommends new approaches and strategies.
11. May perform other duties assigned.Required Education and Experience Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field and four years of experience in a related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1: Ability to initiate programmatic and individual activities while functioning in a team setting. Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Required Skill/Ability 2: Strong analytical and computer skills, including ability to work with advanced MS Office, complex databases and spreadsheets.
Required Skill/Ability 3: Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to interact effectively with a range of internal and external constituencies.
Required Skill/Ability 4: Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
Required Skill/Ability 5: Superior interpersonal skills. Must be available for domestic and international travel.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: MBA or other advanced degree. Four years of experience in higher education or a field consistent with career paths of management students.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.